Weekend Link Love – Edition 342
Meditation for stress relief doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried. Many times. On HuffPost Live, I explain what has worked for me: gratitude.
Research of the Week
People with higher biomarkers for fruit and vegetable intake have a lower risk of diabetes.
High levels of dietary pesticide exposure may reduce semen quality.
Both being lonely and feeling lonely are independent predictors of mortality risk.
Xylitol may be overrated for preventing tooth decay.
New Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 61: Abel James: He’s a speaker, a musician, an entrepreneur, a podcaster, an app developer, and a bestselling author. I hang out with Abel to talk about his new book The Wild Diet, how Thai food in Thailand differs from Thai food in the US, living (and eating) off the grid, what it was like jamming with Tim McGraw, and much more.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- 25 Ways to Improve Your Insulin Sensitivity
- Why Some Like It Hot
- How to Go Primal With Food Allergies and Restrictions
- The Definitive Guide to Traditional Food Preparation and Preservation
- How to Overcome Inertia and Get Yourself Unstuck
Interesting Blog Posts
A nice, quick guide to spicing your meals.
Why some food in the supermarket takes so long to go bad.
Red meat: not the enemy (according to the NY Times).
Can Joel Salatin bridge the partisan rift in this country?
An ancient Anglo-Saxon remedy for styes also kills drug-resistant MRSA.
American kids are eating less fast food.
Humans have pretty much always had a wide range of body sizes and shapes.
The color of lettuce determines the speed at which you absorb its antioxidants.
An apple a day doesn’t really keep doctors away (but it might keep them from writing so many prescriptions).
- How the great Alton Brown makes dozens of hard-boiled eggs at once (in the oven).
- Still not sure what to do for Easter dinner? This guide will help.
One year ago (Apr 6 –Apr 12)
- One True Paleo Diet Doesn’t Exist, but So What? – There are still major trends that inform human eating patterns.
- Yes, We’re All Susceptible to Food Advertising – If it didn’t work, they wouldn’t use it.
Comment of the Week
My takeaway: I need to breastfeed more. It’s just so difficult finding a compliant, lactating person to accommodate me. They act like my healthquest is weird.
– Yeah! What the heck is their problem?
How I Supplement For Training…And a Contest
This morning I shared how I’ve changed my approach to stress over the last coupleRead More
How My Response to Stress Has Changed Through the Years
Even after I fixed my diet, ditched the chronic cardio, and cleaned up my overallRead More